Phase 1 Re-opening.
Thank you for your support and kindness while we’ve been closed. Here’s what’s new to help us get back to public classes and a sense of “normality”. We will update these details in line with latest government information and restrictions. For those that can’t make it in for live classes for now, our online classes are of course still available. Please head to the Yoga 8 Online page of the website for free previews and more information.
Here are some things that are changing at the studio to help us keep you safe.
- • Reduced class sizes for safe distancing. Please follow the instructions from our teachers and staff regarding maintaining a safe distance in the practice rooms and in our shared spaces.
- • New touch free hand sanitiser stations.
- • Increased cleaning & sanitising regime.
- • Temporary closure of showers to reduce time and increase distancing in change rooms.
- • Soft props (blankets, bolsters, straps, sandbags) will be temporarily unavailable - foam blocks will still available at the studio (you’re welcome to bring personal props). Foam blocks will be sanitised after each class.
- • There will be no hire mats. Please bring your own mat to every class practice.
- • Our timetable will be modified. More of your favourite classes will be added as soon as possible.
What should I bring to class?
- • A yoga mat.
- • Any individual props you would like to use for your yoga practice.
- • A towel – all of our classes are heated (you can also hire a towel at the studio for $2 each).
- • Water bottle (you can also buy drinks at the studio or fill up your bottle).
- • Yoga clothes – something light (it’s hot) and stretchy.
- • Please note that showers are temporarily unavailable due to Government restrictions for “gyms”.
How you can help us maintain health and safety.
- • Please bring your own mat (towels still available for hire or bring your own).
- • Keep a safe distance in common/shared areas and in classes. We love community but please ask our instructors and staff if you’re unsure what’s appropriate.
- • Sanitise as you enter. Please make us of our touch free hand sanitiser stations as you enter, and as often as you need.
- • Please wash your hands. Hand dryer / paper towels are available to dry your hands. Please maintain cleanliness and hygiene in classes by not coughing and cleaning up any sweat or spills around your mat.
- • Book your class online. It’s unlikely you will have a place if you simply walk up at class time. Due to limited class numbers online bookings have preference (please be aware of no-show and late cancellation fee)
- • Stay home if you feel sick, have a raised temperature, or cold/cough/flu like symptoms. Our instructors and staff reserve the right to refuse entry to the studio and/or classes if they feel you might be unwell and/or contagious.
- • Please limit your time in shared spaces to allow us to properly clean before and after each class.
Updated Terms & Conditions
Please refer to our updated terms and conditions. Existing members may be required to sign our updated waiver form. By practicing at the studio you implicitly agree to our current terms and conditions.
Class cancellations and no-show fees.
Students who do not show up for booked classes will be charged a full casual class rate of $27 for that class even if you’ve been added from a waitlist. This is not negotiable.
Yoga 8 has a four hour late cancellation window. If you do not cancel your booking within four hours of the published class start time you will be charged $27 (full casual class rate). We understand that “life happens” however due to strictly limited class numbers the late cancellation fee is not negotiable. All class cancellations must be done online via your booking App. Please don’t phone the studio as we do not have a full time receptionist and we cannot accept cancellations via phone call, phone message, email, or message via social media platforms. We apologise for this but there are no exceptions.